Wednesday 17 September 2014

Tangled Enthusiasm all tied up!

I'm baaack!! LOL  Inspired today by the lovely, talented Sam who's Challenge it is  at the Stampotique Designers Blog  which goes like this.......

"One of the beauties of Stampotique stamps is even though there are 18 amazing artists designing our rubbery goodness and their images work so well together it's great to use a lot of stamps for one project, I often do.

So this week, I am challenging myself too and inviting you to use just one stamp . . . wondering off scratching head and rubbing chin . . . this is going to be SO hard to choose!!

So I got Tangled Enthusiasm out ( he is new to me :D ) and played.....


 The paint shimmers and changes colour in the sunshine, sometimes green and then a bright blue, sometimes light green and then gold, yum!
A while ago I made some Gelli plate backgrounds, a whole afternoon having fun and I was surprised how difficult it was to get it right! All afternoon I played and was only really pleased with this one the one you see behind Tangled I die cut some stars in acetate and used the positive and negative as masks and stencils.
The paints are Pebeo Studio acrylics, some are iridescent and some fluorescent I love the effect in the sunshine. To make the stars stand out I have used Copics and a Multiliner to give depth.
I'm looking forward to another session where I can make something I really like with the Gelli plate. Mastering it will be fun, wish me luck :D
And a big THANK YOU for visiting me here, I really do appreciate your comments :D Lately I have been posting on Facebook and trying to get my head around Google + woah, I feel a bit confused as to which I prefer, what about you? What have you chosen? I guess we are going to use more than one medium online and we will just reach different audiences! So many choices!
Have a happy week my friends :D Hugs Gay x


21 comments:

sally said...

What a great image! I've yet to get my hands on a stampotique stamp....I like quite a few & cannot make up my mind which to get first (maybe I should do a wish list & get Bill to choose!)

Sally

Karin said...

wow this looks great, love it!
Groetjes Karin

Corrie Herriman said...

Your Gelli print looks good to me but I do agree it is more difficult than you might think ! Love your card, Gay !
Corrie x
PS. for what it is worth I do NOT like google so I try steer clear, lol. I do like Facebook and my blog !

Dotty Jo said...

He's adorable and a new image to me too! I am struggling with Google + but as I work in a school we've been warned about the potential pitfalls of Facebook use so unless I open an account using a pseudonym and just post card pics I think that's they way forward for me. technology... is it love or is it hate???? Jo x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Hehe, brilliant card Gay, love the image and the super colours you used.

Hugs
Maarit

Kay Wallace said...

Hi, Gay, besides my blog, I generally use Facebook for displaying my artful projects, as I am there everyday anyway. I do have Google+, but find I don't intentionally visit there--it is just by chance.

Anyway, I also have Tangled Enthusiasm, but have not yet used him. Love how he is the focal point here, yet your background has compatible interest! I like it!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Well he's a beauty isn't he Gay?! Love the card....sums up Christmas perfectly :)

Hugs
Donna xxx

Aileen said...

What a funky creation! Love it. x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and a fab gelli background.xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Gay! Gorgeous card! Fab image, your background is great too!
I tend to write a post, then share it via Google, FB, twitter and upload the pin as well as create a pin for that particular post/image. It is a lengthy process to start with but once you get used to it it gets better. This is how I reach audience all over social media. I have no idea how others do it... I hope this gives you some idea... :)
Ingrid x

massofhair said...

Tangled Enthusiasm is on my wish list, I love him, good to see him on such a fabulous background.

Gelli plates are harder than people say, I have tried and only found a few to be usable, but when you use them as master boards they really come alive, I save the best for backgrounds.

I don't do FB or G+ so am happy to receive tweets or blog posts to tell me who's been posting. Prefer to leave a comment and can only do that if a person is using a blog, not able to comment on You Tube, FB or G+, Google are pushing me to use their products when i don't want to.

Hope you keep up your blog as would be really upset if I couldn't see your posts and inspiration -:) xxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

I love this card , great colours and what a crazy Stampotique man, but I love him!!Super!
Greetings
Maria

Anonymous said...

I have tried and failed miserably with my Geli Plate i have shoved it in a drawer ( along with tons of other stuff ) Your background is amazing the colours are fabulous, as for the stamp wow ! sensational card Gay. I like FB much easier than Google in my opinion.

Marie

Stamps and Paper said...

A gorgeous colourful 'funky' work of art

Anne

Gerrina said...

This stamp looks great on the gelliplate BG! Wish I could see the colourchange...
I stil prefere my blog, but put a link on facebook. Next to that I work with pinterest, but that is the thing I do last, since ones started I keep on hanging out there much longer as I planed too... so that's not allways up to date... Hope you have fun things planned for the weekend, hugs, Gerrina

Martha said...

What a FUN card! I love the colorful background.

Sam & Poppy said...

Loving everything about this Gay, your art is beautiful.
Thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique :)
Big hugs xx

Magda said...

What a great project! I like how you have mixed colours. Great background for a poor man ;) Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge! Magda

Kaz said...

This is fabulous Gay! I cannot get my head around google +, it just messes with my mind!! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

Cocofolies said...

A great card Gay, I'm going to confess you something: When I saw this stamp for the first time, I didn't like it too much.. but that's strange how we can change totally our mind! Because now after admiring your card, I ADORE it haha!!!! Fabulous!
And as regards to your question, I have the same... Sadly, i find it really difficult to follow all my friends bith on FB, blogs, Pinterest, Google and so on! :( So for me it remains First -> Blogs, and Second --> FB... However when I'm too much busy, it maybe just FB.. but I really regret it! Hugs Coco xxx

Julie S said...

He is fabulous, Gay!

I get irritated with FB every now and again so my "go to" is blogs. I still haven't totally wrapped my head around Google+ and the circles and all though.