Saturday 15 October 2011

Flaming June, LOL

My June pages are here, all hot stuff, I wish!!! LOL
Hello and welcome to the Craft Barn Calendar inspiration!

This landscape page for the calendar is the hot stuff to which I refer, I heated the copper metal sheet to get it to change colour, great fun but take care as it gets mightily hot.
More details at the Craft Barn Blog.




Cooling things down a little here is the portrait version. I used a Dreamweaver stencil and Dreamweaver translucent embossing paste for both my pages, the details of the stencils and the pastes are on the Craft Barn blog, link up above.


For this calm Lily I needed to colour the paste so I used Paper Arsty Fresco paint. I like the subtle colour it gave. For the hot stamen colour I used a deep orange mica paint. the stamps are Tim Holtz Bitty Grunge, the products that I used came from the Craft Barn

How's your calendar going? If you want to leave a message in the comments. I will be happy to talk about any techniques or maybe any products that I've used.
Thanks for dropping by, Gay xxx


I used
Dreamweaver stencils and Dreamweaver Paste
Metal work set



The challenge for week six is up on the blog and it's HERE

Just a little heads up here, over at The Craft Barn is a special offer 25% off selected Sizzix dies, including some Tim Holtz, You might like to check it out:0)
Here is the link to the offer page SIZZIX OFFER

24 comments:

Suze Bain said...

These are beautiful Gay, that copper gecko panel is stunning! xx

Cath Wilson said...

Love the copper and it made me giggle because I remember when we first tried to do that; at the time, I had a stall in an indoor market and we used a lighter to heat the copper. Someone from security told us off and we ended up giggling non stop, expecting the fire alarms to go off. Gosh, that was so long ago but it was fun at the time! Love the way this turned out and love the lily, too - very subtle.

Doreen said...

Two beautiful projects Gay,love what you did with the copper.xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work, the first one is very striking! Valerie

Cynthia Schelzig said...

ouch,,,just burnt myself on this one...hot stuff...perfect for the June heat and then the beautiful Callas...lovely work!

Sarn said...

Another pair of beautiful calendar pages.

Very creative, as ever.

Hugs, Sandra

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie these are gorgeous i so love the colours hugs pops x x

Unknown said...

These are both amazing.. Love the effect of your Lily.. It looks wonderful.. Hope your having a great weekend..

Hugs, Linda

Christine B. said...

Hi Gay, Thank you very much for your beautiful card. It was lovely to think that someone I have not met or spoken to would go to so much trouble for me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I came home yesterday afternoon. I love your calender with the metal it's great. Thanks again take care, love and Hugs x ChrisB

Anonymous said...

Lots of oooohs and ahhhhhs from me today. that gecko is sparkly fantastic and the texture on the lily is amazing. beautiful calendars gay!

Craftyfield said...

Love your gecko... I have been wanting to do a copper piece for ages but I didn't realise the Craft Barn sold them!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the lizard on the copper - perfect for the long hot summer! Love the beautiful textured lily too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow!! Just gorgeous again Gay! x

lisa said...

Oh how I wish it was June again!!
Your pages are beautiful, Gay. I love the metal gecko and those textured lillies are amazing. You'll have a wonderful calander once it's all finished.
Hope your weekend is going well.
Hugs Lisax

Esther said...

Wow - that heated copper is stunning! I'm a June baby and would love either of these for my birthday calender month ! Am loving your calender pages and wish i had time to join in...hate it when life gets in the way of crafting!! Esther5 xx

hazel said...

Two wonderful calender pages. I love the effect of the heated metal.
xxx Hazel.

Gio said...

you already know how much I love this page! :-)

kingstonmama said...

Ooh. Love the sparkly lizard on the copper. Your calla lily is beautiful, too.

Kim Dellow said...

You are on top form Gay, love your metal work! Kim

Shirley said...

Wow! The metal work is awesome and the lilies are lovely too!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Gay wow ! Is there nothing that you can't do !!! Stunning metal work , just fabulous calendar pages very inspirational.

Marie

Lee said...

Oh WOW,Absolutely STUNNING.x

Deborah Frings said...

These pages are fabulous - I particularly like the metalwork lizard. I really must get a move on!!

Jenny said...

I just realised I somehow missed your June pages!
These are wonderful, so different but equally summery.
The coloured embossing paste have taken a while....did you have to let it dry in between applying each colour?
Great technique to heat the copper :)
Jenny x