Wednesday 28 June 2017

Stencil it!!!

Hi Folks,
Today we are using stencils at Stampotique, I have made a journal with Eileen Hull's designed die cut
 Front and back
The closure is painted in Pebeo Fantasy Moon and inside is Mokiwea
 And I made a card stencilling the fun enormous balls that these cuties are balancing on, 'it's a party'

 I grafted Jillian's head on to Dance Party Break Up and of course Twinkie just had to join in all the fun. The balls have been glazed and are glistening in the afternoon sunshine.
For the Journal I used two different stencils from Tim Holtz, Flourish and Dot Fade this was over the top of Crafter's Workshop Basics circles and I used texture paste to get the relief. Andy Skinner's technique for rust and stencilled a heart on the back.
Thank you for stopping by, hugs Gay xx 
p.s
It made me giggle, Hubby isn't into cards and gets them stuck under his nose for approval quite frequently, poor chap, anyway I was working on the journal and a little voice from behind me piped up
" You could sell that"
Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather! Praise indeed! Now I'll need to get cracking and batch make, LOL Don't worry I'm not into that either but I was chuffed that he liked it :D Cheers everyone xx


5 comments:

Cocofolies said...

Wow wow WOW!!!!!!!
Fabulous journal, INDEED you could sell it haha!!!!!
But I understand you so well to not be able to sell such precious hand-made journal. Keep it for you!!! :)
Great to know how you used some stencils on top of a circle one... The result is just perfect.
And ooooh, I LOVE this new card too!!!! Fantastic work Gay.
Hope you are well. Hugs, Coco xx

Canonbury creations said...

Wow Gay this is stunning!!! Love this type of project and the ribbon clasp and those butterflies are fabulous 😍 Your comment about putting your cards under your husband's nose made me giggle! Sounds just like me and what I find strange is that Jim automatically opens them as if the interesting bit is inside 😂
Love your card too such fun images, great dance moves! x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm not into journals either, but this is GORGEOUS, it would take pride of place on my desk, with me just looking at it LOL. I LOVE the texture and the "hinge and tabs" with the ribbon, Beautiful butterflies a really lovely piece of work. As for the card, Who couldn't love it? so bright and happy.
Faith
x

Michelle said...

Hi Gay, Been a while since I've been in blog land and lovin' what I'm seeing. Great to see you're still creating such fabulous feasts for the eyes! Much love. Michelle x

Diane said...

Fabulous texture, colors and stenciling. The glazed balls really pop on your design.

Hugs Diane