Monday 5 July 2010

Greetings Earthling

Hi all, at last time to blog!! Been a frantic few days here at coffee headquarters, mojo's been off with the fairies too!
At last a card to share............................


This card is for my nephew who's birthday is soon.
I have used my prize from PARTICRAFT, I can't believe how much Sue sent, it is a fantastic prize, Thankyou Particraft!!!This will keep me going for a very long time!
I have used stamps from the Alien life and Outer Space sets from Creative Expressions.
I had to be a bit careful with the space ship because I only wanted the dome to be in acetate, the alien had to be behind it so, after stamping the spaceship it had  it's dome cut away leaving just the alien sitting pretty, then having stamped the space ship again on acetate in Stazon, I cut it out but left a tab. I made a small slit in the spaceship rim and inserted the tab, bingo. Of course I then had to hide the glueing, under acetate is a bit difficult but you can hardly see it behind his one eye:)
No 2 son update;
He is much better and gingerly at work , wearing trainers though, very fetching with suit................ Thank you all for your lovely get well messages, much appreciated:)

6 comments:

chris said...

This is smashing, so much fun, I love the way you have made your dome.
Your poor son I bet he has been in loads of pain, hopefully on the mend now.
hope you are ok and have a happy week.
hugs chrisxx

Emily Leiphart said...

I've love to see this card but it's showing up as an "X". :(

Annie said...

love this alien invasion card! perfect for little boys, or girls!
hugs, annie x

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeek, this is awesome! I love those cute little aliens and you are so clever with the dome on the spaceship. I really love those planets in the background, too!

joanne wardle said...

this is such a cool card, love what you did with the acetate

Tee said...

Absolutely fabulous...love the attention to detail...superb!!