Saturday 16 July 2011

Wishing well at the Craft Barn, luvly jubbly :0)

Hi there, It's Wishing Well time at the Craft Barn and the wish was made by

KarenB    who said...I'm hopeless with alcohol inks so I'd love some simple and effective ideas about how to use them.
Any kind of 'wet' techniques really - paint, masking, misting - tips, techniques and sample projects.


I covered a whole page of shiny card ( photo paper's good) with Alcohol inks, with an applicator. One end of the paper had silver tones and the other was gold but the colour mix was relatively random. Now I've got a large supply of marble effect paper to use as a background or focal point on cards.

The card was created with the Impression Obsession Cover a page stamp, thin stripes. You may be seeing quite a lot of stripes coming up, I think, I love this stamp, LOL






Here are some more backgrounds that I've been working on, the pink is like a faux check might be good for baby / feminine cards. The green also has some Cosmic Shimmer green gold on it, yum yum :0)

 Hope you like and as you can see just by making background papers the possibilities are quite large.
Over at the Craft Barn there's been a whole lot more projects using Alcohol inks some of the projects have been truly amazing.





Alcohol Inks, Ranger
Hobby Art Happy Birthday Stamp Cover a page stamp by Impression Obsession Thin Stripes

Hope you like, have fun folks, Gay x

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work! Have a great weekend, Valerie

Sarn said...

WOW! That's all I have to say!!!! Oh, no it's not . . . I LOVE this stunning card!

Hugs, Sandra

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Gorgeous card....I am so into greys lately.......

Netty said...

Smashing card Gay and loving your stripes stamp, brill. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous alcohol ink background and I love how you have used a highlight piece. Gorgeous card. Tracy x

Shirley said...

Your card is awesome, MAC, and here is where you might get some ideas on using the rest of that beautiful paper:
http://yogiemp.blogspot.com/search?q=alcohol+ink&updated-max=2011-05-27T13%3A20%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=20

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/cg_display.asp?seed_id=30237

The first one I knew, the second I Googled alcohol ink ideas.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Gay
Stunning card ...love it ...great mans card ...hope you are well ....
hugs
sylvie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wishcraft said...

Oh no, stop showing me this stripe stamp... I've not bought the big block and stamps yet, but I'm so tempted I'll be giving in soon I think! Fab card, love the inky backgrounds you've made too :o) Lisa x

Dolly Daydreams said...

No offense taken I am a nutter and not in the nice sense lol !! Love this inkiness what amazing colours ? marbling you have created. BTW love the Craft Barn . There are so many possibilities with this. Fabulous card the silver background works so well with the A I ( Is it silver the G & T is kicking in )

Marie

Kim Dellow said...

Fab Gay! Hope you are having a great weekend. Kim

Jenny said...

Fab work Gay and so many projects from one sheet. I love the oily coloured effect :)
Jenny x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A stunning card Gay, love the effect of the alcohol inks.

Junie said...

Another WOW Gay !!! Thought you said you could not use alcohol inks !!! Wish I could get this effect !!! love it