Friday 3 June 2016

BOO!!!

Hi everybody, Today I have taken up the Stampotique challenge,
It's time for a fun new challenge and this Week Coby is our hostess and she is challenging us to a "Boo" theme, Here is what Coby says about this challenge
"Say Boo to little children and they will laugh.... use the word Boo in your projects this week to let us laugh."
I have made two cards this week 'cos I can LOL My first will be my entry though,










This is Newton and I love him  :) Certainly use him a lot!
And this is inside my card, it is fun!! Like a bird's beak it opens and closes to reveal two little tinkers having a giggle and trying to spook Topher! I used double sided paper so that the inside would have contrast.






 Closing the apperture by opening the card.







 This next card was made first but I wasn't happy with it and then below the inside of this one
 and opening up to close the apperture. I'm still not sure which one I prefer although I think I like the inside of this one and the front of the first, Hah!!
Thank you for joining me and having a look at my latest makes! I hope you're warmer than me because I'm sitting here shivering, the weekend should be better, fingers crossed :D Gay xx
List of Stamps
 Just click on the link for each one :D x 

12 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

'Tis a bit nippy today.

Loving these fun cards. I'd forgotten all about the 'bird beak' style pop open...clever clever...and beautifully clean and fantastically coloured as always x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

faBOOlous!!! Love those "bird's beaks" - and Newton is certainly spooking me out! I would be cautious approaching him ....or perhaps I would run the other way;)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! I LOVE both cards, they make me giggle and as I'm writing, still a smile on my face.

We in Wales have had BEAUTIFUL sunny and warm weather this week and even today, it's lovely although a overcast. Makes a change for us to have the warm weather LOL.
Have a great weekend.
Faith
x

Sam & Poppy said...

I always leave your blog with a smile on my face, just love your art Gay.
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week ;)
Have a lovely weekend xx

Canonbury creations said...

Two fun cards Gay! Love the apertures which look easy enough to do but so effective, I must have a go! Love the two holding open the fold on the first card. A bit warmer today, ridiculous weather!!
Val x

Cocofolies said...

I think I prefer the first one!!! :D
But both are great, the idea is fab and the Stampotique characters so fun and beautifully colored! :)
Love your 'Boo' apertures teehee, genius!! :))))
I hope you're a bit warmer at home today Gay. Here it's not too cold, but not sunny.. To answer to your last question, I'm well, but still SO busy and overwhelmed as usual Argh!!! :-)
Hugs xxx

Corrie Herriman said...

They are both fabulous ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !
Corrie x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Your cards are just amazing, great special cards!! I love them, I olso have a lot of stampotique stamps , but I think ist's not so easy to use them , so I'm very placed with your examples!!!

Have fun!!
Maria

Karen said...

Love this Gay...really made me smile my lovely x

Unknown said...

two great projects....love the way you show us BOO.....thanx for joining us at the Stampotique challenge

*Arwen* said...

Just divine Gay <3
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

xx Arwen

Julie S said...

This is just so fun and clever, Gay. I love Newton too. I think I need him!