Friday 26 August 2011

Get your brayers out??

Hi , hello and happy to see you, I've been playing with my brayer! Not everyone can say that, actually I'm not sure many would want to  LOL!!
The Craft Barn Wishing well this week was a request from

Netty and she said...
I'm rubbish with the brayer. Can't keep blaming the brayer and would love some help please?





 I used the new Fresco paints from Paper Artsy, fabulous new acrylic chalk finish and beautiful surface to stamp on and lovely glistening sparkle from the metallic glaze. Over at the Craft Barn Blog  there are detailed photographs of how I got this result using my brayer. The stamp is by Crafty individuals called Life is a Beach, one of my favourites:0)
TTFN x



I used, 
Stamps by Crafty Individuals,
Fresco Chalk Acrylic paints

11 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous scene Gay - love those shimmering paints, and your brayering is superb. The image is such a happy one - takes you back to childhood memories.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Jenny said...

O that's such a gorgeous finish on that paint and the curved nature of the brayered area is just perfect for this image :0
Your really showcasing these lovely products so well Gay :)
This could be another card for LIM???
Jenny x

Christina said...

Wowww this is really stunning Gay!! Great work!
Hugs Kristel

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, Gay, looks perfect to me! Valereie

Ger said...

That stamp is gorgeous! I'm rubbish with the brayer too, must go take a look at how you did this. Lovely card! Ger x.

Suze Bain said...

Ooh, love that green and the metallic glaze. Think I might have a play with my brayer this weekend. xx

Sarn said...

What a joyous stamp. Think I might have to buy it . . . you are little minx . . . tempting me like that!

Great card!

Hugs, Sandra x

Doreen said...

This is just stunning Gay, I think you have such great talent.xxx

Netty said...

Terrific results Gay and I think I need a new brayer.....lol x

hazel said...

This is lovely - one of my favorite stamps. Great colouring and brayering.
xxx Hazel.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS