Saturday 13 August 2011

Sticky back canvas anyone?

Hi there my crafty friends, Hope you're all fine and fit and if not hope you are soon!
 The wishing well for this week at the Craft Barn was a request from Sarah.............................

 I have seen a lot of posts around blogland recently which use sticky back canvas. I would love to have an idea what to do or make with it before I buy any!


So I've been having a go, first time I've used this product too. I thoroughly enjoyed playing. This is what I made



 Two drawing books for my grand daughters, I used Claudine Hellmuth's sticky back canvas , stamped onto it with memento black and used Copics to intensify the shaded areas. The pink version I painted with Eco green acrylic paints and then embellished with Beadazzels. I cut them out very raggedly and frayed them, I loved the texture of the canvas. The girls loved them too, we went out to the park and they were drawing away happily for the journey, success :0)

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed using the canvas and I'm glad I've got lots left for more projects, I'd like to try it on a rounded surface next. At the Craft Barn Neil has done just that and there are more great samples from the team. TTFN Gay x

I used, from the Craft Barn,
Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas
Crafty Individuals, CI 134stamps
Beadazzels
Cartridge drawing books A6 size

21 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

The canvas gives a lovely texture to the images. So glad the drawing books went down well :)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous books Gay - love the flowers and I'm sure your littlies will adore them! We used TH sticky back canvas to cover the books we made at his class earlier this year - it's a great product. Have a happy weekend -
Hugs, sylvia xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely notebooks. I love playing with that stuff too! Have a nice weekend, Valerie

Fleur said...

Oh Gay these are gorgeous.
Big HUGZ Fleur xXx

Netty said...

Hi Gay, you have been busy my friend and what lovely notebooks for your grand-daughters, no wonder they loved them. Great touch with the bedazzles and fab designs. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love the texture the canvas gives and love your stamped images too. Tracy x

Sarn said...

WOW - this looks GREAT FUN! Love your results.

Hugs, Sandra

Dotty Jo said...

These look brilliant Gay! I've never known what to do with this product so have stayed away... ever so slightly tempted now! Have a good weekend sweets, Jo x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Stop torturing me Gay I can't get it here !!! Fabulous work love the notebooks and the images are super dooper beautiful work as always .
Have a great weekend.

Marie

Unknown said...

I just love the way that sticky back canvas looks. You made it looks so pretty here. It gives it great texture.. I would love to give it a try..

Hope you are having a lovely day!!

Hugs, Linda

Zue said...

I love that canvas stuff and really like what you did with it.
Great minds...I have just been decorating similar looking sketch books.
Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOoe these, the textures are lovely as are the flowers and colours

Jenny said...

Fab projects Gay! I love the daisies, they've stamped so well on the canvas. I have some of this stashed away and have hardly used it in card making...must get it out :)
Jenny x

Aileen said...

Hi Gay, I've not seen sticky back canvas but it looks fun to use and I love the way you've decorated your books with it. x

Vicky Hayes said...

This looks a great idea! The flowers look great on the canvas and how brilliant to see your books in action! Vx

lililindsay said...

Wow! A new medium for me but you have given me the incentive to give it a go.

The Crafty Elf said...

These are wonderful and so creative! What a neat idea....thanks for sharing!!!!

Pop's Cards said...

WOW these are just gorgeous i love the black next to them really makes the flowers pop out gorgeous hun x x x x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful drawing book covers - your grand daughters will love them.

hazel said...

Fabulous books Gay - the flowers are lovely.
xxx Hazel.

Emily Leiphart said...

These are gorgeous journal covers, Gay! I'm not surprised your granddaughters loved them. The texture of the flowers on canvas is very inspirational to drawing.