Monday 29 July 2013

Matt or Shiny?

Now that is the question?
Hello and welcome, today I have a contribution to the Craft Barn's 'Opposites' week. There will be inspiration galore this week on the blog, do join us if you can!


I made three pictures and I really enjoyed getting all painty.
Pop over to the CB blog for the lowdown ( :D ) on how I changed/ decorated the frames. The outside frames are metallic and really shiny and the recesses are dark and matt, this absorbs light, an effect that I find fascinating :D








I have been a bit busy this last week we had a lovely reunion at home with some of my family from Australia it was a lot of fun :D
Thank you for stopping by, hugs Gay x
 
This is what I used,
Treasure Gold: Onyxite, White Fire and Aquamarine.
Tim Holtz Alterations Die, Movers and Shapers Mini Silhouettes

17 comments:

Doreen said...

Love these Gay,fabulous work.xxx

Sarn said...

FAB-U-LOUS! xxx

Karin said...

wow they are looking great!
groetjes Karin

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Great techniques Gay, and a fabulous result!

How lovely to meet up again with your relatives from Oz. - so pleased you all had a great time!

Have a happy week my friend - hugs, Sylvia xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Great techniques Gay, and a fabulous result!

How lovely to meet up again with your relatives from Oz. - so pleased you all had a great time!

Have a happy week my friend - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Hettie said...

These look great Gay.
Sounds like you have been a bit busy!
Hugs
xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your frame & art are beautiful! Love the look of the metal. Have a great day, Shirleyx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gay these look amazing works of art...

Anne

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Incredible and amazing Gay, you are the tops!

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Gay - a lovely collection to put on any wall!

Unknown said...

Hello my creative friend. I love what you have created here. They look amazing...

Hope you have a Awesome week.

Hugs~

Netty said...

smashing canvases Gay, have a great week, Annette x

Canonbury creations said...

WOW stunning frames Gay, love how you created the texture. Sounds like you have had a great family get together:)
Val x

hazel said...

These are wonderful Gay.
xxx Hazel.

Gio said...

These are truly beautiful, Gay. I love the texture!

Patricia said...

Good Morning,
Absolutely fantastic project, I love what you have done.
Off to find out more
Have a Great Day
Hugs

Patricia xxx

K-Creatief said...

You give me inspiration :) I like these frames very much,


Karin